On behalf of Nevion we are looking for an enthusiastic programmer! Are you talented and would enjoy working with functional programming as a Software Developer? Then please keep reading!
About the role
As a Embedded developer, you will join a team providing broadcasters and service providers with world-class products for media transport over any type of network, such as content for major sport events and live TV events. You will be joining the team developing leading management platforms, which is a fully integrated system providing an innovative new approach for management of media networks.
In 2015 Nevion won the Technical and Engineering Emmy® award, and they recently won the Digital Media World award for the best IP based production.
You will be working mainly with their Management Systems, widely used by several broadcasters to control their video activity. The system has a new and innovative approach to handling media networks, and provides managed services, customer access control, data consolidation across the entire network.
<iframe width="720" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ED83pYcbPpU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- All product development phases, from analysis and architectural design to software implementation and testing.
- Work with the latest audio/video networking and computing technologies.
- Develop software and solutions in all areas from hardware device communication to audiovisual signal processing and high-level management applications.
You will face technologies like RESTful APIs, XML/JSON, networking protocols, databases, functional programming, test-driven development and continuous integration and deployment.
We are looking for
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in programming an is to learn. Primarily we are looking for a good programmer and hope you can relate to some of the following attributes:
- Enthusiasm about new technology
- Experience with Java and C++.
- Interest in learning Scala.
- Location: Lysaker, Oslo
- Start date: As soon as possible, although, we will wait for the right person
- Information needed when applying: Resume, motivation letter, grades
- <b>Deadline to apply: 21th of July</b>
Nevion can offer an international working environment, were their people can be described as knowledgeable, respective, nerds and programmers. Moreover, people tend to stay at Nevion and I guess it is because they enjoy working together – and by doing that creating some really cool hardware and software solutions!
Join our award winning-group of developers by sending in your application today!